Friday, August 3, 2012

Sharing Secrets, pt 2.

The secret of my sex work came out to just about the last family member that I care to tell. As for the rest, they will judge me how they will and I am at peace with that.  But it felt good to tell her--even if she's not of blood relation, she is family.

It marks a turning point, where I am no longer fearful of any of my family or loved ones rejecting me for what I do. Less and less do I worry what judgment others have. If I spent all my time trying to please people, doing what I thought they wanted, they would judge me as weak-willed and simply being a people pleaser, and they would be right. There is the nature of a people pleaser in me (how else could I enjoy this job so?) but I cannot let it rule every hour of my life.

As far as I know, I am unknown at work, but I don't know how long that can last. It seems inevitable, with the number of men working there. If I advertise regularly, it's only a matter of time before one of them sees me. Even if I blurred my face, I am not sure that would hide me.

I'm still deciding if I care about that, or if it just excites me.

No comments:

Post a Comment