Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sharing Secrets

One thing I miss dearly is sharing secrets. We all have a need for secrecy, and we all have a secret self that we keep from the vast majority of the world. I keep my secret self so close because I've realized it is close to my true self, and I don't want it viewed in the wrong light, or by those who would judge harshly.

But within a safe space, that hidden self can come out into the light. It makes one both vulnerable and empowered. It creates that magical, hermetic container that can heal, give wisdom and self-knowledge.

We can't let all secrets out, no matter what idealistic argument might be put forward.  But giving them some fresh air, dusting them off and letting a little light shine on them can remind us what we treasure so much about them.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like the only problem with sharring such intimacies is the possibility that the other person becomes corrupted and wants to destroy your special union of secracy with betrayal. you have to be completely intune and have full respect with the people you share your secrets or face the worst in lifes ugliness later.
    -sfsublack

    ReplyDelete