Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sunday Kinda Blues

I think this past Sunday marked the most number of dates I had to turn down due to a lack of an incall. I don't work most Sundays, but I almost always get at least one call. This Sunday, I had four. And they seemed really nice, I hated to turn them down.

I have been examining the phenomenon of getting more calls when I am unavailable than when I am available. Is it confusing wording in the ad? Is it energetic?  A part of why I crave a private space is so I can be more available, without having to stop in my other creative endeavors. I imagine spending a morning writing, or a late night working on art, punctuated by a gentleman caller. Far from interrupting, he is a fresh burst of inspiration. As I play the muse for some, so he does for me.

The next few weeks mark a refocusing of energies, taking time to help on a few bookbinding projects. To call in what is desired will require me to put new plans into action, and focused time spent on them.  My availability will be affected temporarily, particularly for incalls.

No comments:

Post a Comment