Sunday, November 4, 2012

Notes from the Week

When last Sunday's Victory Bonfires broke out in the Mission...I had a feeling that it would be better to take the week off.  Not that a "week off" is ever truly a week off for me.  It's just that instead of luxuriating in pleasure I was doing things like....

.... checking out the coolest "science fair" all about booze and distilling. Lots of really finely crafted liquors: gin, whiskeys, rum, absinthe, geniveve (a dutch gin).  Oh yeah, and an awesome robot that mixed flaming cocktails.

.... discovering what they truly mean by: 'mo money, 'mo problems. Luckily, I can deal with this much.

.... sticking clear of the Giants parade. I'm not big on crowds, and especially crowds getting drunk before I had even gotten to my day job.

.... secret underground cabaret! I almost got tossed out for not wearing all black, (I had to go with red stockings, shamless whore that I am!)  but I made friends with our wonderful host by smoking her out with my finest trees. Wonderful acts of creation, of music and poetry, some just sharing stories. Ever so inspirational.

.... a randy & random hook-up with Hunter S. Thompson....okay, not really him, but in spirit. Spirit, I say.

.... setting up my long-term schedule for the coming months.  With my sacred courtesan weekend intensives, my incall weekends, trying to schedule some photo shoots, fitting in some family time for holidays...oh my, I am going to busy!


I remind myself to be patient for the next couple of months. I must keep the commitment to one job while transitioning to a stronger passion. It's good to keep the security while I take this time in preparation, to clarify my aims, to shift my personal habits...so many things making tiny shifts so they all orient in the same direction.  I want to live singularly, even if part of my work remains in shadow.

1 comment: