Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Way of the Superior Lover

I'm reading a pre-publication edition of a text, The Way of the Superior Lover.  It popped up while cleaning the house I'm cat-sitting at, and at such a good time.  As I'm coming into a new year of the sacred courtesan program, I am looking at what I want to learn, work on, and discover about myself.

I already knew a little bit of this....the tongue and fingers as energy directors, moving energy through the body with a caress, light scratches, biting, a nibble. These methods of exploring a body are my favorite, so I am looking forward to a week of practicing this.

The biggest trick, by far, is just to stay conscious of where the energy is moving, and where it wants to flow. Especially in the throes of pleasure, it's easy to let go and just merge with that pleasure, with your partner. To stay aware and to help the energy flow, circulating and increasing....to give that as a gift to your sexual partner, that love in the moment. Stepping back from the pursuit of climax, breathing through into new heights.

I have experienced these heights, stumbled into them really. It's the practice of becoming aware of these energies, and the practice of learning how to gracefully ease it where it wants to go. Taking yourself and ego out of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment