Monday, September 9, 2013

Priming and Pampering (and sunburns, oh my)

This weekend was full of beauty rituals. I spent six hours getting my hair colored and cut. I think a good portion of that was the streak of magenta I had put in the back and she did an excellent job. It made Sunday evenings photoshoot so much better: my hair was freshly trimmed and glossy, and I even got a little education in doing hair and makeup!  I think a few are surprised to learn that was always more of a tomboy, and transitioning into this highly feminine world of curlers, primers, heels, palettes of eye shadow, hairspray, accessories...it's all very exciting and a little overwhelming at times.

Also had time for a little culture this weekend. A small group of friends gathered to take in a little Shakespeare. The company was performing Macbeth, which I hadn't seen performed yet.  I was so excited to go, I totally forgot sunblock, and my arms are a nice shade of cooked lobster.

Monday is here now, a sort of free day. Plenty of things to get done: preparing for my ordination, preparing for the sacred courtesan course in October, a few people I need to reach out to. A more permanent Incall space feels closer...I've called in a couple beautiful temp spots.  Might one of them become a Temple?  We can only wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment