Monday, June 4, 2012

Why no updates?


Put simply, I've not been up to my usual harlotry, with an assortment of excuses.


First, it was the straight job and its seductive allure of security, 401k and health care.  I'd even convinced myself that I wanted more of it, and that I should be focused on moving upward and trading adventure for culturally accepted forms of success.  I put so much energy into it, I was too exhausted to spend time on other projects.  And the stress of attempting to oversee what I had little to no control over was starting to show. I caught myself in time, realizing I had misplaced the focus of my attention.


I had changed my provider name in the beginning of March, and had planned a transition into regular offerings, when I got some life-changing news.  It was of such a somber and personal nature that I questioned wether to share it.  However, there is a bit of distance now and I feel more comfortable sharing it now.  I got the news that my mom was stopping cancer treatment and moving into hospice care. I traveled back to the midwest for a final visit. It was probably the hardest thing I've ever done, and I'm stronger for being there, making sure she was comfortable.  She passed the same night my sister and I held ritual for our parents on the site our father's ashes were scattered.


When I got back, I threw myself into the simple work of bookbinding.  I was gratiful for the abundance of such work, that allowed for a meditative mind. It's always helped my grieving process to busy myself with such work.


Yes, all incredibly unsexy stuff I wasn't eager to share.  It's only in the past couple of weeks I've felt the yearning again, and knew that yes.... it is *finally* time.  It's time to follow my passions, no matter how unorthodox.


It starts tomorrow...where I am flying out to a festival with workshops about sacred sex and sex magick. There will be other sacred harlots to meet and commune with.  I'm very excited. I should have more time for writing and reflection in the coming week as well.  When I return from the festival next week, I will be placing down more roots.

1 comment:

  1. At the beginning of may, it was the 3 year anniversary of my father passing away from cancer. It is one of the shittiest clubs to be a member of, and holy fuckballs, I am so sorry you had to go through that.

    Many condolences on your loss.

    ReplyDelete