Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Sensual & The Powerful: 2nd & 3rd Chakras

The second chakra is emotion, the sensual world, energy and flow.

The third is potency, personal power and ethics.

The past couple of months have reflected both of these. For myself, a weakness in one chakra is reflected in how another chakra manifests.  I've put most of my focus on building personal power. My week long birthday celebration was a wonderful reflection of growing confidence and ability to manifest. And in taking that energy forward, I've been flexing my social muscles, so to speak. Choosing to speak when I would normally stay silent. Breathing and centering instead of reacting. Letting my priestess come forward with compassion, instead of a defensive warrior.  All these are part of me, and it's my power to choose what I come forward with.

I am flowing, and I am manifesting. I've been dreaming, plotting and planning for these big changes, and they feel like they are starting to sprout, to push out against the surface of potentiality and into reality. I am awakening to a great empathy that feels rooted in my second chakra: I sense desire in others so easily, I sense those stronger, passionate feelings and feel them in myself.

As I came forward into the power chakra, it was my birthday week....and that really was a fabulous week.  If only it were that easy for me to sit and dwell in my power!  But so often, it feels like a struggle to be heard.  I know part of it is my fear that I will speak out loud & proud and be ridiculed....or worse yet, just ignored.  There's a fear-ruled voice that says it is better to stay silent, to be ignored without speaking because to take the chance would hurt so much more.

And that's old wounding.  Wounding that I am pushing past with each of these blog posts.  To speak my truth, even if it's a little intellectual and spiritual, and maybe not sexy hot.  There is sexiness in speaking Truth, in being brave enough to speak it.  Those are my lessons in these chakras.

No comments:

Post a Comment